Planet eStream v6.69 Release
Release Date: 2/6/2021
New Room Capture Features *
- Master Schedule Links
- Room Lock Status Options
- Location Specific Recording Option
- Disable 'Quick Record'
* Only available to Cloud-Hosted platforms that subscribe to the Live Streaming, Lecture and Room Capture Module
Other New Features
- New SharePoint 365 & PowerPoint 365 Integrations
- Support for Multiple Microsoft Azure Tenants
- Photo Module Download Links
Please note Microsoft will be deprecating the Azure Active Directory Graph API. In response to this, Planet eStream will now require access to the Microsoft Graph API to ensure all integration features are still operational. Please note this change may affect the authentication process, but users will still be able to login with their Microsoft accounts. If you require assistance in evaluating your configuration, please contact the Planet eStream support team. You can also read the following knowledge base article for more information https://planetestream.co.uk/KnowledgeBase.aspx?id=20
- Web: PhotoLibrary: Signage: Scattered gallery would not load under certain circumstances when shown on signage.L
- Web: PhotoLibrary: Added a configuration option to include the extension of the source file in the image title.
- Web: PhotoLibrary: Added a Copy Photo Tags from Collections to contents option.
- Web: PhotoLibrary: Added a "Restrict Photo Library Search to permitted Photo Tags" set in Schema.
- Web: PhotoLibrary: Anonymous links to collections in Photo Module would display options not permitted for anonymous users.
- Web: Room Capture: Under certain circumstances, the privacy setting of a schedule was not applied.
- Web: Room Capture: Editing an existing master schedule would cause a false positive when checking for schedule conflicts.
- Web: In some circumstances, the video would not play when managing slideshows.
- Web: The Select Categories link would appear when creating Playlists and the permission was not applied.
- Web: Cancelling a new playlist would leave player on empty page.
- Web: The Expiry value was not set correctly on view page.
- Web: Overlay controls option would not apply for embedded playlists.
- Web: Authentication: Users on iOS 12 based devices could not log in via Microsoft Azure SSO.
- Web: Deleting a playlist that contained hidden items would result in hidden items being lost.
- Web: The send to signage tool would not commit change when viewing a photoset.
- Web: User preferences for video player size on view page were only applied after session refresh.
- Web: Setting the start and end time inline on a subtitle would set the time to the wrong subtitle.
- Web: The approve button on search results would not commit approval change.
- Web: Incorrect file not found message when viewing uploaded PDF Documents.
- Web: Subtitle text created in the new subtitle editor is now normalised when displayed in new and old video player.
- Web: The IP address checker may prevent embedded items from being viewed from within a local IP address range.
- Web: Under certain circumstances, the title editor in the Video Editor would not capture image.
- Web: Subtitle editor would not show the final segment of subtitles correctly.
- Web: Selecting subtitle track before the start of play would not apply correctly.
- Signage: Layout templates were not being named as defined by a user.
Planet eStream v6.68 Release
Release Date: 27/01/2021
New General Features Available
- Lecture and Room Capture Tools*
- New Integrations for Blackboard Ultra, Aula and Open LMS
- New Upload Tool for Recorded Microsoft Teams Meetings
- Virtual Class Tools Now Support Documents, Questions, and Polls
*Only available to Cloud hosted platforms
- Web : Editing categories from within search results highlighted auto populated categories as well as manual.
- Web : Changing the thumbnail of an item may not keep the change.
- Web : Selected background image would not show in Photo Gallery embeds.
- Video Editing Service : Video tracks with no audio may have segments extracted from the start of the file rather than from the specified position.
- Quizzes: Under certain circumstances a user’s interaction with a question may not be displayed in results.
- Quizzes: The "just for fun" checkbox would cause the Sway embed URL to be broken for quizzes.
- Quizzes: Although always available within eStream, results for quizzes may not always have been received by the Canvas gradebook.
- Web : The subtitle editor may not show some subtitles between segments.
- Web : Spaces in email list for Access Control List caused a negative result.
Planet eStream v6.65 Release
Release Date: 10/07/2020
New General Features Available
- New Automated Transcription Service Option
- New Subtitle Editor
- New VLE Plugins for its Learning, Open LMS and Blackboard Ultra
Changes / Additions
- Quizzes : Added a copy quiz option for quiz creators on the view page when selecting a quiz to view
- Photo Library : The search in archived publishing policies option is now retained when navigating to a collection
- Virtual Classes : Add and upload documents
- Virtual Classes : Add and present Photo Gallery content
- Virtual Classes : Resync option for viewers
- Virtual Classes : Removal of playback rate control for viewers when presenter is in control of media
- Virtual Classes : Full Screen option
Planet eStream v6.64 Release
Release Date: 23/04/2020
New General Features Available
- New Virtual Classes.
- New Planet eStream Teams App. Please note - the Microsoft Teams App is only available to Planet eStream Cloud Platform customers.
- New Google Directory integration, use Google Directory Users and Groups in conjunction with Planet eStream Schemas to implement granular control across the user base.
- New Blackboard Ultra Plugin. Integrate Planet eStream with Blackboard Ultra to allow users to search and embed content from Planet eStream easily.
Changes / Additions
- Change default direction of content displayed in Collections
- Add to Lightbox when uploading
- Edit Dynamic Field data for Photo items and Collections
- Edit Media Library Category membership for Collections
- A licence badge is shown in image results where applicable
- Archive Publishing Policies. An option to mark publishing policies to be used as “archive” containers for photo content in the Photo Library. The contents of the publishing policies will be hidden from initial search results. A new filter is available to include these results.
- Download option for embeds. A new permission to permit users to create gallery embeds that will show a download option
- Added 30 minute time limits to conversions and edit list refresh options in Admin
- Implemented auto-rotation for non-mobile upload conversions
- Implemented Cookie flag SameSite=None to address Google Chrome v80+ changes
- The Photoset viewer will use a link to source media where available for the download item link
- Authentication: Azure group IDs can be used in the domain admins list
- Digital Signage: Title option added for Google Slides panel
- Digital Signage: Audio is now enabled for video content that is displayed on signage via the Send to Signage tool
- Google chrome introduced changes that caused recordings made in the Web Recorder to fail
- Embed codes did not appear correctly in the search results popup
- Under certain circumstances, users could edit category membership for certain items
- The link to the quiz editor appeared in the search results incorrectly for some records
- Within the Statistics area, date filtering would sometimes not work properly in IE
- Users trying to delete via statistics without the correct permission would only receive a vague error message
- Bypass authentication links for presentation documents would not work under certain circumstances
- Icons on the iOS app may not be visible when using Google login in conjunction with certain themes
- 'Locked' video items in playlists would not play
- Under certain circumstances, voice over tracks within the video editor would fail to encode
- Under certain circumstances the share panel would not load correctly for live stream media
- Images would not always resize to photoset viewer correctly
- Under certain circumstances using a combination of the split tool and the insert clip tool would stop the edit preview from playing through correctly
- Scheduling content on the Connect EPG would result in duplicate entries for an item, under certain circumstances
- An incorrect thumbnail was shown on chapter embeds
- The provide consent label was hidden on the upload form when the option is disabled
- The select licence option was hidden when disabled on the upload form
- Going full screen on a swipe gallery embed from the photo module would cause repeating of images
- Downloading selected images would not download all selected items
- The Google slides icon was not displaying in Content Loop item list
- Switching preview mode would cause preview window to close
- Processing large PowerPoint files could raise a timeout error
Planet eStream v6.62 Release
Release Date: 21/10/2019
New General Features Available
- Compliance for WCAG 2.1 accessibility requirements across the web interface to support end users.
New Modular Feature Updates – Available to Customers With Relevant Subscriptions
- Cropping Tool
- AI assisted searching (object recognition)
- 360 degree
- Zoom view mode
- Enhanced batch processing tools
- QR code links for uploading content to Lightboxes and collections with the Planet eStream iOS Mobile Application*
Changes / Additions
- Updates to the Planet eStream iOS and Android Applications
- Accessibility changes to support WCAG 2.1 compliance
- Changed the audio encoding routine within the video editing service
- MS Exchange public calendar properties not saved correctly.
- Video player would not mute audio when mute was enabled before start of play.
- API requests show relative thumbnail image URLs rather than absolute ones.
- When viewing the site in a non-English language, the 'please wait' live broadcast page would not automatically refresh to the live broadcast.
- Under certain circumstances, text-based search filters may not be applied.
- On certain systems, QR codes would not display.
- Searching by “owned content” may return additional general items in the results.
- The "order by" options on the homepage were not working correctly.
- The “MyHome” link to VLE Submissions page contained an incorrect path.
- Freeview publishing policy permissions were being applied in Video Editor when module was not active.
- Crop Photo tool
- QR Code links for uploading content to Lightboxes and Collections with the iOS Planet eStream Mobile Application
- 360 and Zoom view modes in photo view
- Dynamic text fields associated with Photo Library content can now be edited for Photo items
- Links to users own Photos and Collections added to sidebar
- Option to download items selected in “Select Mode” and contents of Lightbox
- Option to create a new Collection when adding items to Collections in “Select Mode”
- New option in retain source media configuration to enable the option for all users, regardless of permission, to select if source is retained when uploading
- Remove Tags option added when editing Tags for Photos and Collections
- New option to edit the location and privacy setting of a Collection’s contents
Planet eStream v6.60 Release
Release Date: 12/8/2019
The New Planet eStream Image Module
Perfect for educational organisations who want to take their image management to the next level, key features include:
- Galleries, Collections and Lightboxes.
- Built-in Digital Consent Forms / Photo Consent Tagging.
- Customised Tagging for Easy Management.
- Import and Filter by Camera EXIF Data.
- Crop and Rotate Images.
- Share and Embed Galleries into Websites and Other Platforms using Built-in Share Links and Embed Codes.
- Simple Drag and Drop Interface and Built-in Batch Import Tools.
Web Recorder in VLE Plugins
Record video from your Chrome web-browser with the Planet eStream Web Recorder directly from a range of VLE and LMS platforms – Moodle, Blackboard, Canvas, Firefly, D2l Brightspace and WordPress supported.
Send to Signage tool for Media and Photo Library
Send content from your Media/Photo Library directly to your digital signage displays without the need to access the signage design tools.
Additions / Improvements
- The video editor will now select a publishing policy when submitting an edit based on the freeview contents of the edit track.
- Added timelines data to the Planet eStream Search API output.
- Changed the upload handing code to cater for strange behaviour within Chrome causing some uploads to fail.
- Added flip vertical option to the windows encoder.
- Improved the quality of HD edited recordings processed by the video editing service.
- Added a db setting to hide download and print options in pdf viewer.
- Links to Planet eStream Academy added to the Tools menu and a link included on the Help home page.
- Removed grid graphic overlay on hotspot questions.
- Added details of the user who requested a Connect item to the view page.
- User Interactions added to statistics module - search by user, clip ID or both to see time viewed per item / total.
- Auto rotation of upload images.
- Manual rotation option of upload images.
- Owners of media could not upload related media where permissions permitted it.
- Upload disclaimer setting would reset to "Yes (Once)" value under certain circumstances.
- Edit related media permission not being implemented for media owned by the user.
- In certain circumstances, the Windows Encoder may not apply approval settings.
- SAAS Customers re-editing an edited Connect recording would have the edit applied to the original recording and not the edit.
- Setting a language within MyHome did not change the interface to the selected language.
- Fill in blank question answers will now be checked with trimmed spaces and double spaces replaced with spaces.
- Editing the page layout for a user page would reset when changing the header graphic.
- Removed truncation of values from reports and data exports from the content list.
- HTML values will no longer cause exported CSV data to be formatted incorrectly.
- Retrying a quiz question would sometimes not hide question options.
- Added quiz notification highlighting further options available by scrolling in multiple choice question.
- The current user will now be made the owner of a quiz when an interactive timeline / quiz is copied.
- Export button in timeline analytics would make a call when no timeline was selected.
- In certain circumstances, titles and descriptions in mobile uploads could be truncated.
- YouTube tracking data was malformed.
- YouTube content with quizzes attached would require user to click play twice.
- Admins now have access to the the ‘Delete All Items’ option in photosets.
- The quality of certain videos post-edit was not comparable to the quality of the original videos.
- Clicking in a programme in the EPG could cause the page to scroll back to top.
- Fixed intermittent date errors in the Stats module.
Additions / Improvements
- Send to Signage tool for Media and Photo Library.
- Added links to simplify wake and sleep times for signage players.
- Browsers displaying content based on a signage player URL will now stop rendering content outside of wake/sleep times.
- Added option to twitter panel to include black borders around twitter images.
- Improved twitter content layout for digital signage.
- Added further content access options to digital signage editor groups.
- Calendar events from iSams data would be ignored if no start time was provided for a non-all day event.
- Background colour of panel was not being adhered to correctly with portrait sized twitter panel.
- Tweets with no text would cause a signage screen design not to load.
- Chapter content in playlists added to signage would not progress under certain circumstances.
- NaN was shown when the default interval value in content loops was empty.
- Under certain circumstances, text would be encoded incorrectly for twitter feeds.
Additions / Improvements
- Web Recorder now available in VLE Plugins
- In Canvas, content can now be added as an LTI link via the "add external tool" option. Adding via the text editor will still embed an iFrame.
- Update to Moodle ATTO/TinyMCE plugins versions 6.43 to enable optional responsive embeds.
- Non-standard characters in Canvas user/course/item name would prevent authentication.
- Embeds within VLEs where the file was missing from server would instead report as "coming soon".
Planet eStream v6.50 Release
Release Date: 9/10/2018
- New Video Editor – Join sections of multiple videos, add voiceovers, titles, background tracks and more
- Updated Planet eStream EPG Interface
- Blended Learning Consortium content now available on Planet eStream Connect for BLC members
- TLS 1.2 support for database connectivity
Additions / Changes
- Can now seek through videos using the top row of number keys on a standard keyboard
- Added a System option to disable RSS feeds
- Embedded YouTube content in the view page will no longer enable annotations by default
- Planet eStream Connect : Notifications for Connect items requiring approval will now occur daily
- Integrations: Placeholders on VLE Embeds now signify if media is pending approval
- Integrations: Updated the core Blackboard plugin, combined with Planet eStream 6.40.06.08 and above, the authentication plugin will no longer be required
- Integrations: The Moodle ATTO Plugin can now embed multiple items without refreshing page
- Integrations: Remade the Wordpress plugin into an improved TinyMCE version
- Statistics: Added filters for "only show deleted files" and "include deleted files"
- Digital Signage: When possible, Windows digital signage client will display a small 'Server Connection Lost' message on top of the current signage screen rather than the full 'server offline' message
- Digital Signage: The Windows digital signage client will now add the server URL to the local intranet zone, when it has permission to do so
- Digital Signage: Added a 5 minute refresh option added to iSams data download (requires change to batch API cache settings on iSams server)
- Digital Signage: Added a show subtitles option to YouTube panel in the digital signage screen designer
- Digital Signage: Google Slides Content option added to the screen designer for smoother Google Slides support
- Digital Signage: Added a Copy Panel option to the screen designer
- Digital Signage: Added a refresh interval option for Google Slides content
- A category can no longer be set to be the parent of itself
- Deleted notes no logner display before the screen is refreshed
- Auto show subtitles option on embed was not working
- Chapters added to a playlist did not have correct ID associated
- Dynamic category definitions now match field items containing reserved characters
- Embedded YouTube content will now fill screen correctly when in full screen mode
- Erroneous data in return URL no longer causes some bypass authentication URLs to fail
- Filtering search results by field with multiple keywords present no longer causes an error
- Live streams will now play in Edge when flash plugin is not available
- Mobile navigation menu icon will now appear in Internet Explorer
- Multiple word searches made using search filters would only return results on page 1
- New lines in text from iSams bulletins were not being adhered to when displayed in signage
- Not all fields would be shown in the Asimut configuration tool
- Old embeds from an on premise installation will now work for customers migrated to the cloud
- Position of links on interactive videos was not persisting
- Selecting related media items to upload individually would not upload beyond first file
- Series link tab is now hidden on MyHome for non-local Freeview sites
- The incorrect score was shown when quiz was set to ‘not sure’ answer outcome at end of question
- Toggling synopsis on embedded quizzes within Canvas was not working
- Under ADFS login, the user would not be redirected to selected homepage on initial login
- On the Chrome Browser, a file input select element would appear on the home page
- Under certain circumstances, comments would be shown in duplicate on live streams
- Under certain circumstances, users would not be permitted to view content via an ACL link
- Item stats would report Embed views as 100% when item has 0 views
- Most viewed stats would sometimes include downloads, depending on filters
- Embed refresh icon was missing
- Some stats wouldn't download a CSV when a user was specified
- A bug in Chrome could cause picture-in-picture recording to show a black preview window and then fail in the WebRecorder
- New Chrome 56 versions did not allow audio only recordings with the WebRecorder
- Ampersands shown in category names in the WindowsEncoder were double URL encoded
- Subcategories were not included in the category select list in the WindowsEncoder
- BBC 6 Music would not appear as a radio station in channels list on Planet eStream Connect
- The channel filter was enabled for subtitle search on Planet eStream Connect when not supported
- All VLE plugins have been updated to fix Youtube based quizzes in Chrome
- Could not go back to search page within Moodle VLE popup if authentication was disabled
- “Add manual member entry” dialog when editing a signage group would not close after completion
- Creating an editor group would complete but not create a related publishing policy
- Google Calendars would not return re-occurring events correctly
- Applying templates to a screen in the designer, then deleting panels, then selecting a new template caused duplicate panels
- Google fonts would not be loaded for content within content loops
- Images in retweets were not shown in content panels set to show Tweets + Images
- Panel background colour selector would show black when transparent is the default setting on a new panel
- Weekly based schedules were being overridden by other weekly schedules with a later start time
Planet eStream v6.40
Release Date: 1/5/2018
- New and improved Planet eStream Connect Service
- New Planet eStream Connect subtitle search tool
- New Cloud TV scheduler search tool
- External authentication support for the Planet eStream Windows encoder
- Update to the Quizzes and Interactive Videos feature
- Live streaming from iOS devices
- VLE plugins update: interface now matches main application and includes access to the cloud TV scheduler and Connect archive
- Additional administrative tools to assist with GDPR compliance
- Microsoft OneNote support for cloud-based customers
- Support for multiple subtitle languages
Additions / Changes
- Implemented an audio delay setting in the Windows encoder via settings > advanced
- Added OneNote and Sway links to the embed panel for cloud customers
- Added “record type” column to the report table in the Content List
- The batch edit tool now includes options to edit metadata fields
- Colour contrast advisory check added to the theme editor in adherence to W3C and WCAG 2.0 guidelines
- Link to Connect in top navigation changed to "TV & Radio Archive”
- Added “filter by timetable year” in the ISAMS class selector
- Added a “hide details” option in the share panel for video content
- Added an interface option to set the video controls to be shown overlaid by default
- Added an “overlay controls” option in share panel for video content
- Added a “show subtitles automatically” option in share panel for video content with subtitles
- Added a “just for fun” option on embedding quizzes and interactive timelines
- Added a “maintain aspect ratio” option for video embeds where video width and height data is available
- Added an option to add an item in Moodle with the item details hidden
- Digital Signage: added an option to send a scheduled reset command to players in a specific zone
- Theme editor now has font selector to access all Google Fonts
- Collapsed the side menu on the options panel and removed in view page to make it easier to access all options and resolve some display issues
- Wordpress: Improved version of the plugin (TinyMCE editor), available here.
- Moodle: added an option to download Moodle submission source media if present, subject to the appropriate permission
- Moodle: the assignment submissions page is now under “Tools” and requires a new permission
- Moodle: added a permission to allow students to check a box when submitting Moodle assignments that will retain the source file
- Canvas: changed how quizzes are added to Canvas (now LTI launch links) outside of assignments to improve authentication
- Sharepoint: Plugin updated, can now 'view on eStream' from an embed
Statistics: stats now include total/unique daily logins by user
- Statistics: media drive stats now also show space overview for each drive
- Statistics: media drive usage now also includes the default local, global and off-air folders
- Statistics: removed redundant data from 'not viewed' statistic and added tooltip to clarify functions
- Fixed an issue causing 360 videos to not working correctly when embedded
- An apostrophe in a PPT filename would cause issues when uploading to Planet eStream
- Azure SSO login not redirecting to the selected landing page set in schemas
- Changing password could fail for certain users
- Closing the category selector by modal [x] would cause the main dialog to not appear
- Code calculating drive storage usage on Freeview service would cause schedules to not update in a timely manner under certain circumstances
- Downloading large files via the view page may fail
- Fixed the rotation and H265 issues with recent mobile devices
- Images would not fit display area on photosets when exiting full screen mode
- Items may be missing from a category where ‘AND matching’ is activated and multiple field items of type dropdown, checkbox, or radio button are specified
- Planet eStream Connect did not always show all items in expanded groups
- Live Streams would not play back on Windows 7 based IE browsers - added fall back to Flash Player HLS playback
- Missing permission for ‘XML search result download’ in schema settings
- New auth options did not cater for anonymous user fall back - added option to fall back to anonymous user for clients that do not match auto auth criteria
- Under certain circumstances, series linked episodes added via the Planet eStream Connect TV scheduler may lack thumbnails and have the same metadata
- RES had changed the JSON layout slightly, causing thumbnails to not load
- Setting certain criteria in the search filters on the homepage can cause a search to fail on sites without full-text search installed
- Statistics could show incorrect total/free space on drive usage
- Under certain circumstances, a request for a series link on a local TV scheduler was not submitted, only the single programme was recorded
- Under certain circumstances, getting a user’s group membership via Azure SSO would hang
- Under certain circumstances, the HTML mark-up on a field would not be saved
- Under certain circumstances, the permission to add YouTube content would not apply for some users
- Under certain configurations, dynamic category changes would not take effect until the Core Server Service was restarted
- User selection for widget user would allow for non Planet eStream accounts to be selected
- The “videos by duration” statistic was showing deleted or missing files
- YouTube content used for Quizzes would not play back correctly on iOS devices
- Publishing can time out at the end of uploading an item from the Windows encoder
- If the Windows encoder fails to flatten a file, the failed flattened file was still published
- Under certain circumstances, web recorder uploads may not convert
- In the web recorder, Chrome v59+ stops audio devices from being enumerated when there are no video devices present
- Chrome 64 has changes that caused compatibility issues with the web recorder
- Authentication time outs could cause recordings made with the web recorder to fail to upload
- In Canvas, quizzes could be added as assignments but not plain embeds
- Assignment submissions uploads may not convert
- Canvas changed the way iFrames calculate width and height, causing issues
- Certain versions and configurations of Internet Explorer would break the single sign-on login flow on VLEs
- Rewrote how D2L embeds are generated due to improve functionality
- iSAMS changed the way classes are built in XML - updated code accordingly
- Under certain circumstances iSAMS classes were not always showing sets
Planet eStream Digital Signage
- Under certain circumstances, message pools would not update with latest data
- A blank data value on a panel could cause content loops not to load under certain circumstances
- On certain browsers, video content would not be muted on a screen design
- Page size change on high profile schedules was not working
- Commence and expire labels would remain red after changes
- Live streams displayed on signage players via mapping now start with audio enabled
- Clock display not being updated when used in content loop
- Creating a new editor group with the same name as an existing group would not feed-back to user correctly
- Adding a screen to a screen loop from the designer caused the wrong data to be created for the target screen loop
- Disable image cache option not sticking
- Drag and dropping a new item into content loop could cause issues selecting other items to edit
- Various fixes to the formatted data feed editor in Digital Signage